Hey everyone! Quick heads up on some of the work that’s been going on this week:
- The CLI client is now functional – The readme runs through how to connect WP-CLI to your site and get started. Currently, it only contains user and post reading functionality, however post creation/editing/deletion can be achieved relatively easy! This is more a question of time; building out the remaining functionality should be relatively painless. Volunteers welcome, as always!
- Post endpoint testing is getting filled out – @rachelbaker and I have been working on getting these up, with the aim of 100% coverage of the post endpoint code. We’re slowly getting there! Reminder that we can always use help with writing tests, as there’s plenty to tackle here.
- JS client is getting filled out – Thanks to Taylor Lovett, Matthew Haines-Young and K. Adam White for a huge push on the JS client recently. This client is significantly better than the version in 1.0 thanks to the tireless effort from these folks; that said, contributors are always welcome.
- BuddyPress now has an API plugin – modemlooper has created a plugin that adds API endpoints for BuddyPress. Take a look if you’re interested in using BuddyPress data!
- Pods now has an API plugin – Scott Kingsley Clark has created a plugin that adds API endpoints for Pods. Check it out!
- I also threw up a quick doc site using Flatdoc with our existing route documentation. This doesn’t include our guides or the rest of our documentation, but is a cool start anyway!
(Worth noting, since I don’t think I did previously: the WooCommerce API was built from a previous version of the API. Also worth taking a look at.)