So, after a bit of an extended hiatus, I’m back! 🙂 Thanks to @mordauk and @japh, we still got some work done on the project with a couple of pull requests being merged.
Let’s start planning the upcoming weeks. I’d like to push out one release per week, starting this Wednesday (with a break over the Christmas week), which gives us:
- 0.7: November 27th
- 0.8: December 4th
- 0.9: December 11th
- 1.0: December 18th
- 1.1: January 1st
I’d like to have the core of the project complete by 1.0, then work on adding features (e.g. new endpoints) past that. 1.0 should be basically a ready-for-core version, and any core changes after that must have backwards compatibility. This should ensure that we can keep developing while also starting the process of merging into core. This should coincide nicely with 3.9-early.
To plan out what we need to tackle now, let’s schedule a meeting for Monday 25th at 21:00 UTC (Tuesday 26th at 7:00 AEST, Monday 25th at 16:00 EST, Monday 25th at 13:00 PST). (If you can’t make it, don’t worry, minutes and discussion will be posted here.)
Hi everyone, sorry for being inactive recently. I thought I’d give you a heads up that I’ll be mostly offline for the next two weeks as I do final exams. This is also the reason for my inactivity in the past few weeks, and I’d like to apologise for this. I’ll be back to being active from the 13th onwards.
You may have noticed today that I moved the repo to WP-API/WP-API, and I’ve added everyone to the Contributors team. This allows assigning you guys as owners of tickets, while still keeping pushing privileges separate. It also emphasises that the project is no longer just mine. 🙂 I’ve also moved the auxiliary projects (the reference client and multisite addon plugin) to the organisation. (This means you should also be able to track all issues at once via the organisation issues page.)
I’ve also gone ahead and merged all of the pull requests that we had open. I’ve given push access to @japh and @mordauk to merge in bug fixes and small feature additions, while any bigger changes can wait until we’re back to having weekly IRC meetings again. I’m aiming for a 0.7 release on the 13th with all the changes so far (and any new ones), after which we’ll go back to weekly releases and meetings.
If you’ve got any comments, I’m around for a bit, and I’ll be available via email for anything urgent.